Friday 29 August 2008

New 'American Idol' Judge Kara DioGuardi Promises She'll 'Say It Like I See It' In Season Eight





As a Grammy-nominated songster, Kara DioGuardi has worked with the likes of Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, the Jonas Brothers, David Cook, Britney Spears and even Celine Dion. But as a judge on the forthcoming season of "American Idol," how will she fare with the likes of Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Paula Abdul? Well, she'll discover out Tuesday (August 26), when she meets up with her new co-workers for the first time during the New York round of "Idol" auditions.


In a conference call with reporters on Monday, just hours after she was announced as the reality show's fourth judge, DioGuardi admitted that she's "a little spooky" about her new gig � only that doesn't mean she's going to be a pushover.


"I'm going to be a straight shooter and say it care I see it and maintain that philosophy," she said, according to People.com. "I'm mortal who's truly honest and gives an opinion. If I feel I need to be hard, I will be. And if I feel I need to be more nurturing, I will be."


DioGuardi aforesaid she "about fell off the death chair" when the show's producers contacted her about the job, and expressed fervour about working next to Abdul, with whom she collaborated on Kylie Minogue's 2000 track "Spinning Around." Asked if she view Abdul felt up threatened by her plus, DioGuardi aforementioned that, though she hadn't spoken to her colleague, "I would think she'd be excited."


The songwriter added that she hopes to inject "a new chemistry" into the panel, but she's non entirely sure how the judges testament break ties during the auditions. While most viewers won't acknowledge her when the following season of "Idol" gets under elbow room this climax January, DioGuardi said she hopes fans will live with her.


"I'm non a household name," she said. "I'm putting some money into buying some makeup."


Get your "Idol" fix on MTV News' "American Idol" page, where you'll regain all the latest intelligence, interviews and opinions.







More info